[mythtv-users] I have some setup problems

John Burton john.burton at jbmail.com
Sun Jun 1 12:37:14 EDT 2003

Hello,
I've set up mythtv on a redhat 8 machine with a pvr-250 card.

I can use :
cat /dev/video0 > x.mpg to get a working mpg file so I know that the capture
is set up correctly.

My problems start when I run .setup
The problems start when I run video sources.
I'm in the UK and I tried two possible grabbers.
The normal one just output a number of error messages about "unknown option"
into the console window.
The "alternate" one outputs a list of channels to the console window as html
but doesn't do anything useful.
Any ideas how I make this work?

So as a test I set up a random US location. Which seems to "work"

But when I get to the final screen I get nothing in the windows and an error
in the console
saying "ioctl: invalid argument"

Any ideas how I can get this configured?
At this point I can do without the EPG listings but when I start the backend
it complains about not
having set up the channels propeerly.