[mythtv-users] Help with channel setup in the UK.

Mark Levitt mark.levitt at ntlworld.com
Sun Jun 1 14:35:01 EDT 2003

Andrew Ingram wrote:

>mythfilldatabase --manual is where you specify the channel frequency.
>Run mythfilldatabase --manual again, and when one of the questions asks
>for "channel number (as in xatv)" and offers you the default of the tv
>channel's website as a value, enter the frequency channel here.
>
>FYI, the UK channels for me are:
>BBC1 26
>BBC2 33
>ITV1 23
>CH4  30
>CH5  37

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunatly, that didn't work.

I think there is a mis-match between what Mythtv and xawtv think the
channel frequencies are and what they actually are.

For example, if I plug the cable into the TV set. BBC1 shows up on
"channel 57". However, if I put "57" into xawtv of when running
mythfilldatabase --manual, all I get is snow.

Using the ivtv driver utility ptune.pl, I can tune BBC 1 by using the
frequeny directly: 608000. I.e., ptune.pl -F 608000

So, where can I tell mythtv that "channel number 57" should be frequency
"608000"?

Thanks.