[mythtv-users] Re:Re:ATI AIW does it work or not?

Brian Blalock bblalock at mtco.com
Sun Jun 1 13:41:40 EDT 2003

Mark Cooper wrote:
> Brian Blalock wrote:
>> Ahh, so the hardware database entry is wrong.
>>
>> Sorry about beating the dead horse. B^)
>
>Are you talking about the 'jl' entry? This was entered into the old
>database on March 4th and hasn't been 'claimed' by the owner since it
>being moved over to the new database.

I believe that was the entry I was looking at.

>In fairness, the set-up was given a rating of one out of ten ( IE don't
>use this config! ) so that should have been a bit of a give away ;)

There isn't an explanation of where the "rating" number came from or what it
means any obvious place on the site, so that column was meaningless to me.

Using the "Search" box to search the entire site doesn't give any explanation
of the "rating" number either.

Who rates these entries?  Is it a voting system of some sort?

>There is another old entry claiming to use a 8500DV as a tuner, but
>again, that was rated one out of ten.
>
>--
>
>Mark Cooper
>http://netmangler.sourceforge.net - Network Management with Attitude