[mythtv-users] ATI AIW Rage

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Sun Jun 1 12:42:17 EDT 2003

Larry Owen wrote:
> I know the AIW cards are less than ideal, but I have one lying around.  I noticed in the
> hardware database that some people are having success with the AIW.  If anyone on list
> is using one, please share any tips.

You cannot use an AIW to record. You need another card for
capture that is supported by the bttv or ivtv drivers. You
can use an AIW to display your mythfrontend on a monitor. If
you want to use an ATI card to display on a TV, you must get
the GATOS ati.2 from their CVS branch tagged "devel" (not the
latest release or current CVS, the CVS branch tagged "devel").

--  bjm