[mythtv-users] hardware recommendations for a one tuner high end pvr setup

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 1 16:14:10 EDT 2003

Just wondering what hardware you guys would recommend for capturing with
Divx at 640x480 at a high bitrate of about 5mbps? I will not need to serve
any video, just record with one tuner and perhaps watch it at the same time,
thats it.

I'm currently running a Thunderbird 1.33 (~1800xp) with 512 PC133 & a WinTV
401 dbx. I'm thinking about picking up a 2200XP (1800mhz) processor to pop
in, what do you think?

Currently I can record at around 480x480 Divx at about 3-4mbsp (85% CPU
usage), but when I change it to 640x480 Divx about 2-3mbps it jumps to 100%
but plays generaly fine. I have not had a lot of time to test it, but as you
can see from my other post, I'm having a lot of problems just getting it to
record.