[mythtv-users] Myth music questions...

William Preston bpreston at networkusa.net
Mon Jun 2 09:59:07 EDT 2003

    It's been mentioned on the lists before, but verify that your machine
isn't dead.  Well, mine isn't 'dead' when I attempt what you're talking
about (but I'm doing about 40Gigs worth), but the machine becomes very
unresponsive, CPU utlization is maxed, and the machine is so slow to respond
that there's a 5 second delay between pressing numlock and having the
numlock LED come on.  Apparently it's a problem with the parsing of some
filenames, reading the id3 tag of the files, or calculating the
length/bitrate of each file.

    If you're not using CVS, you might give it a whirl.  It has the option
to not check id3 tags, which might be a little quicker for you.

    You can always start another instance of the frontend and use it while
the second one grinds away in the background.