[mythtv-users] Sell mythtv "set-top" boxes

Mark Cooper mythtv-users at mcooper.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 09:24:30 EDT 2003

Ray Olszewski wrote:

> At 06:06 PM 6/2/2003 +0200, Ben Bucksch wrote:
>
>> Ray Olszewski wrote:
>>
>>> We seem to get a thread like this about once a month. Three comments:
>>>
>>> 1. There is already a database of hardware/software configurations
>>> available.
>>

>> I found that database to be so terrible to be usable. Not enough
>> information, too unstructured.
>

> As I said (but you deleted), "Its format does not include everything I'd
> like to see". I'm hesitant to be too critical of the work done by
> volunteers, especially work I am unwilling or unable (since I don't have
> the upstream bandwidth to set up a Web site here) to volunteer to help
> with.

Thanks for the 'constructive' critisim Ben! I have received suggestions
on how to improve the database previously ( abeit from people that don't
start out by saying its terrible and unusable ) and thats what lead to
the whole new website. If anyone has any constructive suggestions, I'm
happy to listen to them!!

--

Mark Cooper
http://netmangler.sourceforge.net - Network Management with Attitude