[mythtv-users] PVR250 + TVWonder = jerky

Vincent AE Scott mythtv at codex.net
Tue Jun 3 21:01:50 EDT 2003

#if chadmcquinn /* Jun 03, 01:14 */
> This is similar to the issue posted this evening with subject "PVR250 +
> BT878", but different enough that I thought it deserved a new message rather
> than a reply.
>
> I have set up the following hardware over the last few days:
>
> ASUS A7v8x-x
> Athlon 2600xp+
> 512MB RAM
> Dedicated video drive (7200RPM) with a dedicated controller
> PVR-250
> ATI TV-Wonder
> SoundBlaster Live PCI 128 using OSS (not ALSA)
> Nvidia GEForce4 MX 440 (8x AGP)
>
> DMA is enabled on the hard drive, as is 32-bit mode. I am using Redhat 9 and
> the NVidia closed-source drivers.

#endif /* chadmcquinn at insightbb.com */

I have a similiar setup, with the same problem.

my setup:
Asus a7v8x
XP2100+
256Mb PC2700
dedicated 180Gb WD
Haupauge bt869 wintv theatre
geforce 440 mx
running on debian/testing

since checking out a new cvs tree about a week ago, i've noticed very
choppy video playback using mythfrontend.  my recording settings are:
480x480 rtjpeg/255 and the CPU utilization ticks over at 30% backend,
and 10% frontend.

this system has been working perfectly fine up until very recently.
about a week ago i checked out the latest CVS tree, and thats when
mythfrontend started dropping frames on playback.  it doesnt look to me
like a problem with the backend, the video stream is being recorded OK.
but when i pause livetv after experiencing choppy playback, the stream
has fallen behind.  over a 30 minute period it drops behind by almost a
minute.

to mirror what you are seeing, anything i playback with mplayer works
fine.

sorry i cant offer any advice as to how to fix your problem, but you
are not alone.

on the whole, mythtv has been pretty reliable for me, up until the last
week.

-v

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 perl -le '$_="6110>374086;2064208213:90<307;55";tr[0->][ LEOR!AUBGNSTY];print'