[mythtv-users] How do I select "new command set" for my RCA receiver?

John Klimek jmk396 at psu.edu
Wed Jun 4 12:57:38 EDT 2003

I'm sorry for so asking so many questions...

There shouldn't be too many more, and thanks to everybody who has helped me
so far.

I've built my Serial-to-RJ11 cable and it's not really working.  When I load
up the DirectTV Serial Control Utility and press the "Power On" button, my
receiver powers on but then it turns back off.  If I then manually turn on
my receiver, it will be reset and it will search for the satellite signal.

After reading on www.pcmx.net/dtvcon, it says that for my receiver I must
select "New Command Set" for the system menu.  Where can I do this?

My receiver is an RCA DRD430RG.

Also, I'm testing this with the windows program "DirectTV Serial Control
Utility".  Does MythTV have support for these "new command set" RCA units?

Again, I'm really sorry for so many questions.  I did search the
mailing-list archives for "new command set" and nothing was found...