[mythtv-users] Problem with change inputs on TV Tuner card

Vince Busam vince at busam.com
Wed Jun 4 21:25:29 EDT 2003

I tried typing "C" (per keys.txt to change inputs) and have lost video as a
result - the video is all black.  Typing C again brings up the popup "Composite
0" and I can see the popups when I change channels.  Video card is a PVR-250.

I've tried stopping and restarting mythbackend and restarting Linux as well as
reconfiguring (using setup) from scratch.  None of this helps.  mplayer also
can't play files I save using "cat /dev/video0 > sample.mpg".

When I turn off power and then power on and boot, I can capture and play video
with mplayer.  Once I start MythTV I have the same black video display (except
for popups).  I shut down the backend.  Files that I now save with cat
/dev/video0 play back black in mplayer.

I don't see any error messages in the mythbackend or mythfrontend terminal
windows.

Any suggestions as to what I should try?  Is there debug output I can capture
that will help?

Thanks,
Vince

PS: I know typing "C" was dumb since I don't have any other video inputs, but I
am having sound sync problems and was just trying things to see what they did -
hoping I would stumble across a solution to the sound sync problem (couldn't
find a solution in the user's archive.)