[mythtv-users] Re: RHL9 & alsa 0.9.4 snd.o problems

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Thu Jun 5 00:06:59 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, Jun 4, Gregorio Gervasio wrote:

> j> # touch /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-18.9/include/linux/workqueue.h
>
>         Are you sure about that "touch" command?  I think the
> workaround for newer RedHat kernels was to use the touch command to
> create a dummy "workqueue.h" in include/linux of the alsa-driver
> directory (not the kernel source directory).  This forces ALSA to use
> its own version of "schedule_work".  However, that dummy workqueue.h
> was already distributed with newer versions of alsa-driver (at least
> in 0.9.3c -- I don't have a newer one to check).  Does it exist in
> your tree?  The gcc command line should also be looking in the
> alsa-driver include directory ahead of the kernel's.  If you can't
> make this work, you could also comment out the "#include
> <linux/workqueue.h>" in include/adriver.h.

See, now this is what I get for working on this for too damned many
hours consecutively... My attention to detail wavers in the dead of
night, and I believe I was in fact touching the wrong place. I
re-traced my steps, touching like you (and others) suggested, and
everything looks to be just fine now. Gotta get more sleep... Thanks
for the help!