[mythtv-users] Dual tuner (pvr250+tv-wonder) stops recording

Chad McQuinn chadmcquinn at insightbb.com
Thu Jun 5 18:09:19 EDT 2003

I have now switched to Mandrake9.1 which seems to have solved the problems I
was having with playback under RH9. However, now when I am recording two
shows and try to watch one of them, the PVR-250 ALWAYS stops recording at
some point in the middle of the program. I've run mythbackend with "-v" but
haven't gotten any info about why it is doing this.

When it stops recording, the "watch recordings" screen still shows the
program as though it is being recorded (I believe this is what the yellow
text signifies). Sometimes I get about 10 minutes of recording, but other
times just a minute or two.

If I don't watch one of the recordings, then both shows seem to record fine
and I can watch them later (if nothing else is recording while I try to
watch).

I thought it might be an issue with the high default bitrate on the pvr-250,
but I've set it to 4Mb/s average, 6Mb/S peak and still have the same
problem.

System:

Mandrake 9.1
Athlon XP 2600
ASUS A7V8X-X
Dual tuner: TV-Wonder + PVR-250
Nvidia GEForce4 MX 440 (8xAGP) with Nvidia drivers
Latest cvs of mythtv, ivtv (as of Thursday 6/5 afternoon).

Is anyone else experiencing this? I wonder if it is related to the system
freeze issue that at least some people are experiencing (see "Mythtv
recording: machine freezes totally").

-Chad