[mythtv-users] Which transcoding script works the best so far?

Chris Germano netslayer at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 5 17:32:53 EDT 2003

I just checked out the myth-dev mailing list and noticed a lot of talk about
different re-encoding schemes that people are working on (ie mythrencode,
mythmkmovie, mythtranscode). So basicaly are any of these ready to be
integrated into the ui? If not which one works the best? I haven't really
figured out yet what mythtranscode does as there are settings for it and
even a profile in the record settings, but what does this do and how can we
use it? My goal like everyone else is to have a working encoder to archive
videos to a normal divx file playable on primarily windows. I realise of
course having this all built into the ui would be awesome, but one step at a
time lol.