[mythtv-users] i810/Chrontel TV-Out

Jeff Monks mythtv at skunkeye.com
Thu Jun 5 22:26:13 EDT 2003

So, I've got a couple of these HP Digital Entertainment Center devices
that were intended to be a stereo-component style MP3 player, but HP
discontinued them.  The hardware is pretty much a basic PC inside a nice
set-top case with a great VFD front panel and built-in remote (the remote
codes are seen as keyboard events, so it works really nicely with MythTV).

I've got MythTV installed on one with a PVR-250 card on top of Mandrake
9.1, and everything works beautifully when I'm using the VGA out to a
monitor.  If I hook up a TV, everything still works great, except for
playback of recorded shows or videos.  I get sound, but the video goes
blank.

The video card in this hardware is an i810-based device, with a Chrontel
(7007, I think) chip for TV-Out.  Is there some reason why this
combination won't work for full-screen video playback?

I've been working on this for a couple weeks now, and I'm out of ideas.
I really would like to get this working, because it's a great box for a
PVR (which is kind of why I bought them in the first place).  Any pointers
or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

P.S.  I'm amazed at how nicely this project is coming along - great work,
guys!