[mythtv-users] i810/Chrontel TV-Out

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Fri Jun 6 13:41:45 EDT 2003

Jeff Monks wrote:

>If I hook up a TV, everything still works great, except for
>playback of recorded shows or videos.  I get sound, but the video goes
>blank.

You don't say how you configured it and what exactly happens. Did you do
anything specific to configure the TV out or does it just mirror the
monitor output? Which resolution? Or does the monitor go black when you
use the TV out?

With "everything still works", you mean X apps? With "the video goes
blank", you mean the MythTV window only or the whole display?

One general gotcha is that the video (and 3D) acceleration for some
cards only works on one display, not on both. Sometimes, you can choose
which display should use the acceleration, sometimes it's bound to the
first display (which could be the monitor, not the TV out). If you try
to play a video using video accel on a display without video accell, the
relevant part of the scrren goes black or blue. That may be the reason
in your case.

Ben