[mythtv-users] Re: RPM Install

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 6 15:38:42 EDT 2003

On Fri, Jun 06, 2003 at 07:25:59AM -0500, Daniel Jimenez wrote:
> I can't seem to find any docs on the RPM install,

The standard rpm and mythtv documentation apply. While the rpm install
relieves you from building mythtv, you still need to set it up to your
environment (card details, xmltv setup etc.).

> what is required of the ~15 RPMs,

All of them, otherwise they wouldn't be listed as requirements.

> and what does it actually install/not install. Where does this leave
> you in the docs?

See above and use the common tools for inspecting rpms, e.g. rpm -qlp
...rpm etc.

> I'll probably build from source just because of confusion w/the RPMs;
> any help would be appreciated though.

There are lots of guides for Red Hat setups, check the mail archives.
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de