[mythtv-users] mythbackend segfaulting (reason unknown)

Jeff Waters jeffwaters at wowway.com
Fri Jun 6 20:50:30 EDT 2003

On Fri, 2003-06-06 at 18:48, Robert Kulagowski wrote:

Thanks all I've tried some things, first I found many of the files in my
mythtv-0.8 directory where I un-compressed the files to were owned by
root.
So I wiped the file and untar'd the file again, this time making sure it
was all under my name and not root. Compiled and config'd under my name
and su'd to install. Now I ran again as myself mythbackend and frontend.
Again the back end segfaulted. So I su'd to root and re-ran back and
front to be sure I didn't have permission problems, again backend
segfaulted.

Also James I don't have a /etc/init.d/myth-backend file.. all my run
files for myth are in /usr/local/bin/. I opened up mythbackend thinking
I could edit this as you did yours but that was not possible.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff