[mythtv-users] Re: RHL9, MythTV, premature init of backend?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Jun 6 21:04:40 EDT 2003

On Friday, Jun 6, Mark Levitt wrote:

> Jarod Wilson wrote:
>
>> I haven't figured out a workaround just yet, since daemonizing the
>> mythbackend requires root privileges, and there's no easy way to get
>> an automated root-enabled launching after a non-privileged user's
>> login starts (my mythtv user). Perhaps it is a problem with the cvs
>> version...
>
> You could modify the X startup script to start mythbackend. You're
> right, I don't see  why it makes a difference, but try modifying
> /etc/X11/xdm/Xsetup_0
>
> That script is run as the X login manager starts.

No dice. I tried that, as well as putting a script to launch it in
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/, and the problem persists...

I'm curious if this problem exists with 0.8, or only with pre-0.9 from
CVS, and if it has anything to do with the PVR-250 or not...
--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
<jcw at wilsonet.com>