[mythtv-users] pic bad/channels off

Pierre-Olivier Bouchard petecool at vl.videotron.ca
Sat Jun 7 01:17:35 EDT 2003

mOjO wrote:
 > I went ahead and blanked that machine (probably much to the chagrin
> of the kind folk that helped me get it running on Suse) and am in the
> process of setting up Gentoo which has a lot fewer of those unneeded
> services and i'm going to compare results (mostly im just curious about
> that distro). Probably it will be better this time around, but we shall
> see.  Any caveats to be aware of that arent on the how-to with a Gentoo
> install?

Try not to use the ck-sources kernel, you can't change
colour/brightness/contrast with it, I think he's using an older version
of the v4l2 patch. I can adjust contrast/etc. fine with the
gentoo-sources kernel, gs-sources should be fine too.

Also, if you're following the docs on the MythTV website, you DON'T need
KDE to run myth, I have yet to contact the maintainer of that part of
the docs... should save you a few hours of compiling ;)

Pete