[mythtv-users] Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock

Robert Schultz robert at cosmicrealms.com
Sat Jun 7 13:26:27 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:

>On Friday 06 June 2003 07:52 pm, Robert Schultz wrote:
>

>>I'm getting the error:
>>Backend stuffed up in RequestRingBufferBlock
>>
>>It happens a few seconds into watching live TV.
>>I'm running RedHat linux 9.0, with the latest CVS as of 6/6/2003 at
>>6:30PM eastern.
>>I have a WinTV PVR 250 card using Tuner 0.
>>
>>With an older version, it wasn't able to change channels.
>>But after I wiped the database, did a distclean, and upgraded to the
>>latest, now I can change channels all I want.
>>It's just that I can't actually watch TV, because I get that error message.
>>
>>Running mythbackend in verbose mode does not yield any better results.
>>
>>Anyone have any ideas?
>>

>Generally, this means that the recording process isn't getting any data from
>the tuner card.  I'm assuming you can do stuff like 'cat /dev/video0 >
>file.mpg' for arbitrarily long periods of time?
>
>Isaac

I was able to do 'cat /dev/video0' just fine.
I let it run about 31 minutes.
Then watched the video, sound and video just fine the entire length.

Live TV won't go longer than a few seconds.
What else could be the problem?

--
To an optimist the glass is half full.
To a pessimist the glass is half empty.