[mythtv-users] Sound jerkiness with latest RedHat kernel

Bob Heller rheller at cfl.rr.com
Sun Jun 8 21:19:18 EDT 2003

Flavio,

I just upgraded to 2.4.20-18.9 RedHat this afternoon and have not had
any problems of this sort. I've let Live TV run for about an hour now
and the audio and video are in perfect sync.

My system is quite different from yours, however. I have an Athlon 2500+
processor, LeadTek Win-something-or-another capture card (Brooktree 878
chip), Nvidia GeForce 4 FX5200-based video card using Nvidia's latest
drivers, and SB Live (EMU10K1-based) sound card using the OSS drivers
that come with RH9. MythTV is CVS from 6/6.

I built a custom-kernel so lirc would work. The serial driver change is
the only difference from the Athlon RH9 kernel config template. I tried
applying your hdparm and elvtune settings while the live tv was running
and could see no difference, good or bad.

Don't know what to say.......