[mythtv-users] bttv loading problem fixed, but wont load automatically now.

cmisip cmisip at insightbb.com
Sun Jun 8 21:24:15 EDT 2003

I observe the same thing in RH9.  That's why in  /etc/rc.d/rc.local I
did a bunch of modprobes for the modules.  I dont know if this is
expected behavior though.  Aren't modules loaded only when they are
needed?  For example, without the modprobe in rc.local, dmesg post boot
will not show that bttv has aquired /dev/video0 but if I run xawtv and
then dmesg again, then bttv has magicaly been loaded and /dev/video0 is
now working.  In RH8 though, I believe I did not have to modprobe bttv.
It just worked.
The post install just means that after the via-snd is loaded, the next
step is to load the mixer settings from a file.  The pre remove just
means, before the via-snd module is removed, the mixer settings are
saved to a file.