[mythtv-users] mythtv-users@snowman.net

Martin Cosgrave martin at bettercode.com
Mon Jun 9 11:57:39 EDT 2003

> So what I want to know is how I can "teach" MythTV which frequencies
> belong to which channels. Anyone?

Had a similar problem in the UK while receiving cable TV signals which are
modulated at different frequencies to the standard pal europe-west
frequencies, in some cases.

Wrote a little script to try all the frequencies and figured out which ones
had channels on.

I hacked the "channel" table to make the 'channum' field a varchar(6) instead
of varchar(5), then after I run mythfilldatabase I run another script which
puts the actual frequencies into the channum field. This works out handily
for passing to 'ptune.pl -f europe-west -F' in the channel change command
field in myth.

--8<-- fix_myth_channels.pl --8<--
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use strict;

# in %chans hash, key is the xmltv id, value is the frequency
my %chans = qw/
        west.bbc1.bbc.co.uk     471250
        west.bbc2.bbc.co.uk     487250
        west.htv.co.uk          503250
        channel4.com            519250
        channel5.co.uk          311250
        news-24.bbc.co.uk       63250
        sky-one.sky.com         271250
        thebox.co.uk            351250
        british.eurosport.com   55250
/;

use DBI;

my $dsn = "DBI:mysql:database=mythconverg";
my $dbh = DBI->connect($dsn, "user", "password") or die $!;

my $sql = "";
for my $key (keys %chans)
{
        $sql = "update channel set channum='$chans{$key}' where
xmltvid='$key'";
        print "$sql\n";
        $dbh->do($sql) or die $!;
}