[mythtv-users] ATI Radeon 7000 TV-Out

Martin Cosgrave martin at bettercode.com
Mon Jun 9 14:03:28 EDT 2003

Hi All

Has anyone succesfully got an ATI Radeon 7000 to work with TV Out? It works
flawlessly with the XF86Config file set to "vesa" but obviously there is no
hardware acceleration and the movies come out jerky (mythtv also comes up in
a window instead of fullscreen).

When I use the "ati" or "radeon" drivers, the TV loses sync as soon as X
starts. I've tried various combinations of HorizSync and VertRefresh to no
avail.

I'm using gentoo, I've tried with both the "ati-drivers" package, and with the
"drm-trunk" package which apparently contains some v4l patches (kraken
patch?) and the drm stuff. In frustration I've fallen back to using a generic
nVidia whose video output is a lot poorer than the ati.

Martin Cosgrave