[mythtv-users] Guide Problems

Steven J. Finnegan sjf at controlsoftcorp.com
Mon Jun 9 22:43:34 EDT 2003

Jarod

Nice work, I appreciate an install guide specific to my installation, thanks.

However...

In following your installation instructions, I found a problem -- at least
on my RH9 system -- when installing lirc.

When editing /etc/init.d/lircd, I had to change the lines at the top of the
file to look as follows:

         # Source 'em up
         . /etc/init.d/functions

         [ -x /usr/local/sbin/lircd ]  || exit 1
         [ -x /usr/local/sbin/lircmd ] || exit 1
         [ -f /etc/lircd.conf ]  || [ -f /etc/lircmd.conf ] || exit 1

         RETVAL=0

Originally, the two executable files were looked for in "/usr/sbin" not
"/usr/local/sbin"-- (those files were deleted in a previous step).

sjf

Steven J. Finnegan, President
Controlsoft Corporation
Phone: (760) 747-5632