[mythtv-users] I'm about to give up on this entire thing...

John Klimek jmk396 at psu.edu
Tue Jun 10 09:38:06 EDT 2003

Vaguely, I can read the pin numbers on my DB9F connector.  Looking at the
BACK (so I can see the holes), it is numbered like this...

5 4 3 2 1
 9 8 7 6

You're right about the receiver box.  How are you reading the 4P4C diagram?
Or maybe I should ask, from reading that diagram, which pin on the 4P4C
connector goes to which DB9F hole?  I would assume:

(DB9F) - to - (4P4C)
5 - to - 1
2 - to - 2
3 - to - 4

With that setup, it looks like the null is already included... or maybe I'm
completely wrong...

Ray Olszewski is trying to help me out in another message thread but I think
we're both out of ideas.  At first I was numbering my DB9F as  DB9M
connector, but my cable still doesn't work even when connected properly (?).

If (and when?) I get this figured, I am definitely going to write a very
detailed HOW-TO with pictures to help out everybody else.  So any more help
you can provide will hopefully benefit people in the future as well.

Thanks again,
John