[mythtv-users] How do you set it up in SuSE

Örn Hansen orn.hansen at swipnet.se
Tue Jun 10 23:38:59 EDT 2003

tisdag 10 juni 2003 22:26 skrev Cameron Hart:
> I find that most of the the Howto are for Redhat or
> Mandrake Why is SuSE left out of the howto thair are
> many other that run SuSE Iam running SuSE 8.2 and
> would like to get it to work on my machine Iam very
> new to Linux .

Ok, I did the following ...

installed all the packages, that mythtv depends on.  Some of these, do not
have rpm packages, so I just compiled them locally and installed under local.

MythTV will break, when compiling, but I configured it without 'mmx' as the
mmx code breaks severely and some of it, cannot be replaced with memory
references, instead of register references.

I forgot the file but it's msXXXX_md.c something.  It complains about BREG not
being available, on line 723.  I browsed to that line in the source, then
downward a little, to a line defining the parameters:

And changed it to:

Then compiled, and installed ... all works well.