[mythtv-users] How do you set it up in SuSE

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Tue Jun 10 14:41:15 EDT 2003

At 01:26 PM 6/10/2003 -0700, Cameron Hart wrote:
>I find that most of the the Howto are for Redhat or
>Mandrake Why is SuSE left out of the howto thair are
>many other that run SuSE Iam running SuSE 8.2 and
>would like to get it to work on my machine Iam very
>new to Linux .

There are two levels of answer to this question.

First, the things that exist in the HowTo are the things that people wrote.
People write about what they know about. I'd say that most people here
install Myth on Red Hat, Debian, Mandrake, and maybe Gentoo, so you are
more likely to see discussions of the problems peculiar to those distros in
the HowTo, and on this list, than those of less popular (for Myth) distros
such as SuSE.

Second, if you read back through today's archive of this list, you will
find a message from Isaac Richards, Myth's main developer, indicating that
he sees serious problems using SuSE for Myth. The things he's seen may have
caused others to abandon trying to use SuSE as the Linux base for Myth.