[mythtv-users] modded cases

Desmond Rivet desmond_rivet at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 11 01:47:02 EDT 2003

>>Has anyone bought the "modded" version of the ATX Black Low-Profile
>>Desktop Case from
>>http://www.digitalconnection.com/Products/Cases/ci6011.asp
>>??
>>
>>The modded version is ~$30 more (sells for $99) and they claims to be more
>>"soundproof"

I bought this case, and it just arrived a couple of days ago. Haven't
actually powered the thing up yet, but I have one quick question for whoever
has bought it (sorry, I know it's off topic, but since the discussion was
started anyway...): do you have any idea how to reliably put two hard drives
in the case?

There are 2x3.5 inch bays, but it's a VERY tight fit. The hard drives are
practically touching each other. It seems to me that putting two hard drives
so close together is just begging for heat failures. Am I overreacting here?

I guess I can always mount the drive in one of the 5.25 inch bays...

Thanks,

Desmond