[mythtv-users] help with xawtv

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Jun 12 02:18:34 EDT 2003

brian wojnar wrote:
> Mythtv is working fairly well so far, I'm having
> trouble with xawtv though.  All of the channels are
> one channel off, is there a way for me to offset and
> correct this?
>
> Also all of the channels show up black and white.
> Using the right arrow key corrects this after a couple
> of presses.  Is there a way to get color for all of
> the channels permanently?
>
> I'm using a Leadtek TV2000 and Mandrake 9.1.
>
> I am a linux newbie, I will rtfm again if I missed anything.

It's currently the last item in the FAQ:

) All of my channels seem to be off by one, and the picture quality is poor
- The bttv driver is not autodetecting your tuner type correctly, or
   you are specifying the wrong tuner type.  Find out which one your
   card uses, and read Documentation/video4linux/bttv/CARDLIST to find out
   how to specify it.

--  bjm