[mythtv-users] TV out on Savage cards

Ray Olszewski ray at comarre.com
Thu Jun 12 13:19:34 EDT 2003

I am trying once more to get TV out working on a Savage card, this time a
Savage IX AGP card. Once again, it fails, with the relevant X startup
message probably being this:

	"Failed to fetch any BIOS modes. Disabling BIOS."

This is the same problem I had with a Savage 2000 card on a different system.

I recall a few people here who report having been able to get TV out to
work on one or the other of these cards (putting aside for the moment the
lack of xVideo support on the Savage 2000 as a separate problem). Can any
of you suggest what I might be missing? Maybe some kernel component or BIOS
setting that is so "obvious" that no one thinks to mention its being
required (including the creator of the savage X driver)? Maybe ... well, if
I knew, I guess I wouldn't be asking ... right?

Also, can someone post a sample Screens section of a suitable XF86Config-4
file? I suppose I might be missing something there, despite having tried
many combinations of options.