[mythtv-users] Mandrake 9.1 -- Serial port problems

John Klimek jmk396 at psu.edu
Thu Jun 12 21:07:42 EDT 2003

After much heart-ache and MANY problems, I've finally been able to build my
DirecTV cable.

Under Windows (using DTVCON [DirecTV Serial Control Utility]) it works
PERFECTLY.  Absolutely flawless.

However, under Linux (Mandrake 9.1), the script (rca.pl) does not work at
all.  It says that it sends the command to the serial port, however it
dispalys ERR for the response and it doesn't actually change the satellite
receiver's channel.

I know the script uses COM2 built-in, and I have my cable plugged into COM2.

Is there something in Mandrake that I must configure differently?  or am I
doing something wrong?