[mythtv-users] Windows Version?

Joseph H. Fry joe at thefrys.com
Thu Jun 12 21:54:56 EDT 2003

Your right. this is probably not the best place to post. Linux users can
be pretty hostile. but you could check out ShowShifter or SnapStream, or
even myHTPC

I have used them all and none really come close to the features of
Mythtv. but they do provide an adequate HTPC. I think my favorite is
myHTPC. it's really only a front end application but it does pretty well
once you get it configured. and it uses good ole xmltv for listings
(free) and has the most remote control friendly interface and easiest to
use program guide

SnapStream has a new version out, and I don't know if it's trial version
has been released yet. if so it's also supposed to have free listings
and be pretty user friendly. Plus it will encode and stream your video
to remote machines (watch last nights game at work. pretty kewl)

Good luck with em all. but if you want a truly powerhouse of a PVR/HTPC
combo take the time to figure out mythtv!

Joe