[mythtv-users] Question to all those NFS users out there...

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Jun 13 12:19:14 EDT 2003

> It has become apparent to me that NFS is going to be an option that I'll
> need to pursue, so that multiple front-end machines can access MythVideo,
> MythGallery, and MythMusic data.  I'm curious what kind of bandwidth
> issues people are seeing?

That's easy.  None.

To calculate your minimum bandwidth needed, just look at your recording
bitrate.  If you're recording at 3500kbit/sec, that's only 3.5 megabit
per second, so you could record or playback over 15-20 of these at the
same time on a 100Mbit switched network, and probably at least 10 if
you're using a hub.

If you're using a pvr-250 recording at the 8Mbit avg, 16Mbit max then
you do 5 or so at a time at least, maybe 10.

Chris