[mythtv-users] Myth tv and Gentoo?

Joshua Santelli santellij at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 13:27:49 EDT 2003

I would be interested in the gentoo live CD, I think.
I have the same Mobo (asus a7n266-vm)and have been
batling with a RH 9.0 install.  Although it's working
I would rather switch to Gentoo (I just don't trust
these RPMs).

I would be using the ATI wonder ve that I have, not a
hardware encoder like the PVR250.  Any problems
getting that working with Gentoo?

Also, I very new to Gentoo but might wipe RH and start
from scratch this weekend.  What "CD" do you recommend
for Mythtv?  They talk about "stage 1-3" and recommend
3 for beginers.  Is it crazy to want to build
everything.  I would like to have a basic system, no
KDE or Gnome (would prefer blackbox, fvwm or another
lightweight desktop).

tia,
josh

--- "Martin, Stephen" <stephen.martin at veridian.com>