[mythtv-users] Setting Tuner Freqs

Mr. Adam ALLEN adam at dynamicinteraction.co.uk
Sat Jun 14 16:45:17 EDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 14:00, Steve Brown wrote:
> I can only guess that this is done using the tv_grab_uk (where I am) and
> the channel packages somehow look up the freqs, but it won't (for
> instance) know which RF channel my video / set-top box / cabletvb
> terrestrial passthrough is on.

No, tv_grab_uk only grabs listings, there was discussion about how this
would work around Christmas time. I had an initial proposal to put
cable/sky channel numbers into the XML output of tv_grab_uk, however Ed
Avis (guy in charge of XMLTV) wanted to make improvements to the XML
structure before putting in channel numbers.  I've not looked at that
recently.

I assume different transmitters use slightly different frequencies, I
certainly have to retune the tv when moving between Grimsby and
Sheffield (both Yorkshire TV). Then of course there are differences
between analogue and digital.

It'd be nice for tv_grab_uk to provide this information to mythtv, but
it's not quite as straight forward as I'd like. Maybe information about
channel numbers and frequencies doesn't *really* belong within XMLTV
itself- and is more of a MythTV thing.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.