[mythtv-users] Setting Tuner Freqs

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Sat Jun 14 19:40:32 EDT 2003

And this been somewhat of a discussion on the ivtv as well mailing list
because for example here in The Netherlands you can't know at all
because it seems that there is no standard which channel number should
have which frequency (so depending on the place you live channel 28
might by 350MHz or it might be 355,75MHz).

So some kind of screen in the setup where you could enter channel
numbers, frequncies and  channel names would be really useful.
It would still be possible to use the channel/frequency tables that are
used now so people from countries that can be found in those tables
would have it easy: just put a name next to a channel number while
others would have a little more work because they'd have to add the
frequency as well. But at least it would work. And being a setup screen
you'd be able to change it easily enough, while right now this
information is hidden away in statically compiled tables inside the code
and in some tv_grab script that gets info from a website you don't have
much control over either.

Maybe I'll make a stab at it myself some time, but maybe someone from
the current development team will think it important enough and decide
to implement something like this? :-)