[mythtv-users] mythmusic visualizations seem to be crashing me

guy bayes guy_jobs at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 15 00:36:26 EDT 2003

Really odd, I installed and compiled MythNusic fine,
and ran it fine through xwindows from another
workstation, visualizations and all, no problems.

When I fire it up on the mythfrontend running on the
TV though, it runs for a few seconds, makes strange
high squeaks and then crashes, occasionally freezing
the entire computer, requiring a reboot.

MythTv seems to be working pretty well.

Running RH9, with a vanilla kernel I downloaded and
recompiled. Soundblaster Audigy, Alsa drivers, GeForce
Mx440 SE.

The only thing I can think of is the Nvidia driver is
crashing on the visualizations. Anyone seen anything
like that?

thanks
Guy