[mythtv-users] g400 framebuffer help, please

Brian Lalor blalor at bravo5.org
Sun Jun 15 14:50:34 EDT 2003

Hey all.  I've got my Myth box all up and ready to go except for getting
TV output working.  I've verified that the hardware's ok, but when I use
matroxset to configure the output for going to the TV, I get

	ioctl failed: No such device or address
strace shows
	ioctl(3, MATROXFB_GET_OUTPUT_MODE, 0xbffff778) = -1 ENXIO (No such
device or address)

when doing matroxset -f /dev/fb0 -m 3, as suggested for step 2 by the
howto[1].  My kernel's got support built in, but I just can't make it
work.  Can someone help?  I'm using RH9 with a custom 2.4.20-18.9 kernel
(compiled-in support for FB and Matrox G400 support).

Thanks,

[1] http://davedina.apestaart.org/download/doc/Matrox-TVOUT-HOWTO-0.1.txt

--
    __   ____