[mythtv-users] FF/REW key binding confusion

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 15 23:19:39 EDT 2003

On Sunday 15 June 2003 01:02 pm, Albert Santoni wrote:
> I think the developers need to see this. While the quality of MythTV is
> impressive in many areas, the organization and integration of the
> keybindings in Myth is going downhill. There are LOTS of little annoying
> things like this in Myth that are making it harder to use all the modules
> together successfully.
> If any of the developers see this, please try to make this a priority.

I have been sitting on a number of architectural enhancements for
runtime-configurable context-sensitive keybindings (and other forms of user
control, i.e. FIFO, LIRC, etc).  However, nothing has progressed past the
drawing board stage due to real life intrusions, plus the fact that my only
computer at the moment happens to be my Myth box which is in my living room,
hooked up to my TV, making even this email a less-than-convenient task, let
alone any serious coding.  If anyone would like to discuss this further,
please contact me off-list.

One topic of note (for those of you not subscribed to the CVS commits list) is
that the add-on modules are in the process of finally being converted to
plugins.  This is/was (IMHO) a crucial step that needed to be taken in order
to allow the implementation of a truly powerful, robust and consistent
keybinding/user action mechanism.  We'll get there eventually...

-JAC