[mythtv-users] transcoding using mencoder

Jason Radford jasonml at iconimaging.net
Mon Jun 16 22:11:34 EDT 2003

I'm trying to convert some mythtv recordings using the mythencode.pl
script.

First off:

In the .9.1 archive the mythencode.pl script has some line break issues,
for the lines with $pass1 and $pass2 I had to make them all one line, for
some reason they were 3 seperate lines in the file (in vi).

After fixing that and running the script it does re-encode them, but
the video/audio is out of sync, which I tested on 3 different *.nuv
recordings (mpeg4 ftp'ed from my myth box).

I thought maybe since I had the latest cvs mplayer this might be the
culprit, so I downloaded .90rc5 and get the same results....

Just playing the raw *.nuv files works fine, sync is fine..

So what could be the issue here?

Many thanks..

-Jason