[mythtv-users] Want suggestions for MythGallery UI

Dennis Lou dlou99 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 17 21:15:29 EDT 2003

I'm working on zooming and scrolling for MythGallery
and am putting
some thought into the UI.  I was thinking of
implementing the following
but I'd thought I'd solicit other ideas from those who
would use it.

Hitting 'I' in single view brings up a messagebox
showing the filesize,
date, resolution, etc.  At the bottom of the
messagebox are two buttons,
"OK" and "ZOOM".  Hitting "OK" dismisses the
messagebox and goes back
to viewing the image.  Hitting "ZOOM" dismisses the
messagebox and enters
zoom mode.  In the upper left corner are the words
"Zoom" and in the
upper right is the zoom factor (e.g. "2x").  Hitting
'2' goes into
2x zoom, '3' 3x zoom, etc.  Hitting '1' zooms the
picture such that if
in regular singleview mode one dimension were smaller
than the screen, it
would zoom to fit the short dimension to the full
width/height of the screen
and display either "Fullwidth" or "Fullheight" in the
upper right corner.
While in zoom mode, the arrow keys pan around the
zoomed image.  'ESC'
quits zoom mode and puts you back into the old single
view mode.

I was thinking if you gave a neophyte the remote
control for 0.9, MythGallery
navigation is pretty obvious.  And it might be a good
thing if you could
then hand him the remote control for 0.10, he couldn't
tell the difference (other than faster thumbnail

What do you guys think?  Any other ideas for
zoom/scroll keys?

Current enhancement list (x = completed):

x  1. Ability to enter slideshow mode from icon view
x  2. Store settings in mysql instead of .txt file
x  3. GUI dialog to change aforementioned settings
x  4. Bugfix - quit trying to display directory icons
in single view
x  5. Thumbnail cache
x  6. Tool to import images from removable devices
x  7. Selectable backgrounds
   8. Key_I in singleview for image info
     (length, date, resolution, etc)
   9. Zoom/Scroll
  10. Transition effects (fade, wipe, etc)
  11. Adjustable thumbs sizes