[mythtv-users] Biggest, baddest MythTV

Shawn core at enodev.com
Wed Jun 18 18:18:05 EDT 2003

I want to have a poll... Who's got the biggest baddest MythTV? (Or the
smallest most pathetic life). I have not set mine up yet, but I've been
brainstorming.

1st, anyone care to brag? You know you want to...

So, I was thinking of possible setups for a MythTV mega box... (Mmmm...
Dual tuner with 7000 hrs...)
      * 2 x Promise UltraTrak RM15000, fifteen disk Ultra ATA direct
        attach standalone 3U rackmount external RAID enclosure @
        $3552.00 (http://www.hypermicro.com/store/promise.htm)
      * 30 x WD2500JB 250GB 7200RPM @ $277.00 (7TB @ RAID5 [used as LVM
        RAID 1 mirror of 2 3.5TB promise RAID5s])
        (http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduct.asp?description=22-144-309&depa=1)
      * 2 x Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-350? Price? Any better cards?

Anyone care to help spec'ing out the hypothetical mega box? Anyway,
that's 'bout $16,000 so far... Think I might start with 1TB and go from
there..