[mythtv-users] Problems with audio - WinTV PVR-250

Anduin Withers awithers at anduin.com
Thu Jun 19 03:41:13 EDT 2003

> My main problem is that I seem to be getting quite a bit of skipping in
> the audio at times.  It seems to occur most often on a dark or hazy
> picture, but it also occurs at times when there is an almost-blank white
> screen.

The same sort of conditions that say... an automatic commercial skip feature
might also like?

That has been my experience so far. My understanding is that auto-skip is
handled by tagging the stream entirely post-record in hardware encode case.
With "Automatically skip commercials" checked I see the same sort of weird
behavior, my solution? Uncheck "Automatically skip commercials".

For some real fun go watch Live TV and watch it go crazy the first
commercial break.

Personally I don't care much about live TV, and in time the recorded files
get indexed. With a bit more work I'm sure things will get fixed.

--
Anduin Withers