[mythtv-users] MythTV CVS Build Fails to Play Live TV

J. Alexander Jacocks jjacocks at mac.com
Thu Jun 19 12:45:04 EDT 2003

<snip>
 >> However, I am having a rather silly problem.  While I can schedule a
 >> recording (and watch that recording) I can't watch live TV.  I tried
 >> disabling deinterlacing, as was suggested earlier, but this had no
 >> effect.
 >>
 >> Unfortunately, I can't provide more detail, as I don't know much about
 >> the program (yet).
 >

 >Not even such detail as "when I try to watch LiveTV, such-and-such
 >happens"?
 >
 >-JAC

Sorry...it was late and I wasn't thinking.  Basically, the front end
hangs when I try to play live TV.  Yes, I am aware that I can't manage
two streams with only one TV tuner, and I was only running one or the other.

As a side note, MythWeather seems to work fine.  I did figure out this
morning that I had neglected to load the v4l extension in my Xconfig,
but this did not seem to solve the problem.

As the frontend doesn't dump core, I can't do any core analysis, but I
will try to take a thread dump this evening.

Thanks!