[mythtv-users] Anyone using Kernel 2.4.21 ?

Poul Petersen petersp at MATH.ORST.EDU
Thu Jun 19 19:37:24 EDT 2003

> > "After > 6 months of waiting, 2.4.21 is here. Lots of cleanups, and a patch which gives a MAJOR boost to the 'feel' of the
> > system under heavy disk IO, especially on IDE systems..."
> >

> > Slashdot
>
> I've been using 2.4.21-rc7-ac1 which is basically the same as 2.4.21 on
> my machine.  It works fine for me.

	I am running 2.4.21 without any problems... Can't say the system
'feels' any better, but then that seems kinda personal. I've been
meaning to revert to an earlier kernel; I keep changing so many things
pennecontemporaneously that I can't ever sort out what makes the biggest
improvement. In any event, with the new kernel, new ALSA (and different
sound card) and some fine tuning (removing unused processes, etc), my
system is performing better (three 320x240 recordings RTJpeg: idle CPU
stays consistently above 0% on a AMD 2200+)

-poul