[mythtv-users] system profiling / cpu usage revisited

Gregorio Gervasio Jr. gtgj at pacbell.net
Thu Jun 19 23:06:27 EDT 2003

>> Are you sure you didn't accidentally compile for debug?  Did
>> you do anything different when you ran "./configure"?  That's actually
>> the critical one since it sets up the libavcodec build.  From what
>> I've seen, there's not much to be gained by using "-march=athlon"
>> anyway so you could just stick with the default compiler options.

b> The only things I changed were settings.pro to force -march=athlon-xp
b> and the --cpu=athlon-xp option to configure.

        Well, that's your problem right there (and your latter message
confirms it).  "athlon-xp" is not a recognized cpu option for
"configure" so I believe you compiled without MMX support and assembly
language code for the critical parts of libavcodec (which does most of
the work).
--
Gregorio Gervasio, Jr.
gtgj at pacbell.net