[mythtv-users] How small can I get my captures?

Jason Radford jasonml at iconimaging.net
Fri Jun 20 05:03:11 EDT 2003

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 13:09:17 -0500
"Richard J. Finn" <rfinn at blueclaw.net> wrote:

> 	It could have to do with cable quality, original signal quality, and
> even distance from the repeater (is it still a repeater for digital cable?).
>
> 	I, myself, am looking at getting cable again (haven't had it for 3
> years - since my last move).  Time Warner offers a decent digital cable
> package, but all the channels I would want are in the analog set.  I'm
> hoping I won't need a set top box (and therefore will not need an IR
> blaster yet ;).

I'm using time-warner here in milwaukee and analog works fine straight
into a bttv card.  Although, for some reason 2-3 of the channels dont
come in right, even with fine tuning, but all the 70 others are
perfect. so I've just lived with it.

I'm considering getting digital for HBO recording, maybe a few other
stations...

-Jason