[mythtv-users] Set "treshhold" for commercial flagging?

Quintesse * at palacio-cristal.com
Fri Jun 20 14:31:14 EDT 2003

Would it be possible to set some kind of treshhold for mythcommflag that
would make it more inclined to flag something as a commercial, or the
other way around to make it less inclined to do so? This because I
noticed that mythcommflag flags some parts of a recording as a
commercial while with others it doesn't. But when looking at the moment
the commercials started there was a very obvious blank frame which could
have been detected. Probably it just decided that it was a normal scene
change.

For me personally I don't think I would ever use automatic skipping of
commercials anyway, so for me the detection could be made much less
strict and therefore much more inclined to flag blank frames/scene
changes. I don't mind having to press "skip commercial" several times to
be able to continue watching the program.

So what does the rest think? Would this be useful?

-Tako