[mythtv-users] Idea for a new plugin

Örn Hansen orn.hansen at swipnet.se
Fri Jun 20 21:30:10 EDT 2003

fredag 20 juni 2003 17:06 skrev Joseph A. Caputo:

> > Is this all a stupid Idea ?
>
> It's not 'stupid' if it would be useful to you.  Whether it would be of
> interest to anyone else is another story.  For me it wouldn't, but I don't
> speak for everyone.  And since you don't sound like you're offering to code
> it, you'd have to find a developer as interested in the idea as you are.

  It's not a bad idea at all, but hard to accomplish.  What if there are
movies on all channels at 8? ok, let's say you chose genre sci-fi as your
primary interest, so a sci-fi would have priority before other movies.
Whatif, there's a drama starting at 8, and a sci-fi at 8:30?  Wanna watch
both, skip the first? Fill in such spaces with some recorded data?  What if
it has 5 or six such spaces, in one evening ... but there are only 4
recordings to fill in?  And then, the nifty part ... lets say "your" primary
interest is sci-fi, but your wives is drama ... when you are home, "your"
selection is primary.  But when your not at home?  Your kids primary interest
may be MTV? You'd need several such "profiles" and an easy way to go between
them, etc.

  The idea needs to be laid out in detail, in how it would work, what options
could be chosen, how to define what ... database layout, and so forth.